2017 is almost upon us, and I didn't want to let 2016 slip by without highlighting these 6 incredible couples I got to work with this fall. Typically I try to blog after each engagement shoot, but to be completely honest, nursing school got crazy and time seemed to disappear in thin air. Now that I have some breathing room, though, I wanted to show you all some highlights from the last couple of months. Enjoy!
1. Matt + Erin: these two were sweet, charming, and full of laughter. I had so much fun showing them some of my favorite Lawrence spots (including the delicious Alchemy coffee), and we got to utilize a gorgeous sunset and golden hour at Wells Overlook Park. This couple's happiness was contagious, and I'm so excited for their wedding come June!
2. Curtis + Keely: this couple blew me away with their ease in front of the camera. I was excited for another opportunity to explore Manhattan, and we discovered some truly beautiful spots (including the breathtaking rolling hills in their own backyard)! Knowing these two separately in high school and getting to work with them now that they're engaged was so fun, and I'm honored to be capturing their wedding day as well next summer!
3. Jacob + Ariel: what a giddy and fun-loving couple! They did awesome as they braved one of the first chilly Kansas mornings, and their dog was ecstatic to be able to run free around Centennial Park (after posing for some pictures, of course). It's always a pleasure to meet other Lawrence locals, and these two are certainly no exception! I can't wait to photograph their wedding next fall!
4. Jason + Christy (& Lakyn!): it was such a treat to work with this family. We had an adventure exploring Clinton Lake (along with their two beautiful dogs), and we lucked out with some gorgeous weather and views! Plus their engagement story of Jason proposing to both Christy and Lakyn was one of the sweetest I've heard. I'm looking forward to working with all of them again next fall!
5. Michael + Stevie: I loved working with these two and exploring Loose Park with them. Their interactions were so sweet, and I loved to capture their love on camera (is it possible to use love too many times in one sentence?). Plus we hit Loose Park right as the leaves started turning and before the roses froze so we got the best of both worlds! Can't wait to photograph their big day in May!
6. Ryan + Kait: these two are just awesome. Although my favorite part of the shoot may have been their dog, Peach (just kidding... kind of). :) In all seriousness, though, Ryan and Kait have been so fun to get to know, and it was great to discover new Lawrence photo spots with them. I do have to admit that I had serious skirt envy throughout the shoot, although I don't know if I could pull it off as well as Kait did! I'm so excited for these two, and I hope to be taking more photos of them in the future!